Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two down, one to go...

This morning I had a second interview for the job that I mentioned in this post.  The first interview was over the phone with an HR person...this interview was in person with someone who seemed to think that I would be a good fit for the company...he is my (if I get the job) future boss' boss.

My boss (again, should I get the job) is someone that I have worked with - although both of us were with separate companies.  From what I know of him, I respect him...and he is largely responsible for me getting my foot in the door.

The job has lots of things that are very desirable...one of which being that it will be very challenging.  As in, I'm going to have to start writing my posts at night and not at work. :)  I would have to learn at least two additional languages.  I'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe (good thing I have a few items that will fit the bill from my recent shopping spree!).  I'd get to challenge myself with new roles and responsibilities.

I'm excited, a little nervous, and a lot thankful for the opportunity.

Hopefully the last of the job interviews will happen in the next two weeks so I can move forward with this process.

As for now, I'm off to go for a quick run.  It's in the 70s today and I'm not going to let the cool weather and sunshine go to waste.

7 Comments:

Leah said...

Glad to hear the second interview went well. Fingers crossed for you. Sounds like an amazing opportunity for you.

kristi said...

I've got my fingers crossed too! Sounds like a really cool new career! Two languages?? Wow!

Good luck!!

Lesia said...

I know you will rock the interview with your charming personality. Go enjoy that awesome weather!

Her Posh Palate... said...

Fingers and toes crossed!!!

Karen said...

Two new languages?! Good luck:)

Levi said...

It's freakin hot here today. Congrats on your interview(s). I heard on NPR the job market was picking up a bit. Here's to hope and the future of hope.

Love that design of your pants on top of the blog.

Lanie said...

What an exciting adventure! May I live vicariously through you?