Wednesday, October 6, 2010

100 Status Check

Time to check in regarding the 100 Day Challenge from South Beach Steve's blog.

How am I doing? 

The simple answer?  Eesh.

Detailed answer?
1) Wash my face each night before I go to bed. I know...some of you are recoiling in disgust. But I'm that girl. The girl that sometimes doesn't wash her face. THE HORROR! I'll brush my teeth and take my meds, but washing my face seems like SO. MUCH. WORK sometimes. So I'm vowing to do that for the next 100 days.

Ughh...Okay, I've done it more often than not, but definitely not at 100% yet.

2) Take a daily vitamin every day. No excuses.
Okay, so I've done this on workdays, but the weekend was a bit tough since I was sick and not thinking of vitamins.  I'll do better this week :)

3) Run a 10K.
We'll see if that's still in the cards for this weekend.  Because I've been sick, I may have to choose a different 10K to run.  I'll be running at lunch today to see how I feel.

4) Read one food or relationship with food book each month.
Check!  Currently reading two: "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Else Resch and "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan

5) Get into a new "decade" of weight that I haven't seen in almost a decade by December 31st. I haven't weighed myself in the last few days, but I'm pretty sure that means dropping 15 pounds.
So far, so good - meaning that I haven't GAINED weight.  I weighed myself at the beginning of the challenge, but haven't done so yet this week.

6) Continue to go to therapy.
Check! 
7) Continue to practice being gentle with myself.
Check!  Sleeping this weekend and the decision to MAYBE back out of my run, was a great representation of that!
 
How are YOU doin'?

3 Comments:

Jams said...

How you doin?!?!

Keep rocking it. And if it makes you feel better, I often forget to wash my face too before bed... or choose not to because it's too much work. wash, dry, moisturize... blah.

Karen said...

I am reading that first book too. I am not sure what I will write about it, but someday a post is coming. I am doing much better this week:)

Tammy said...

Hmmm, I admit, I don't wash my face at night very often, okay rarely. As you said, it seems like so much effort. Looks like you did pretty well with your goals last week. Have a great week 3.