Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Picture Pages

First, does anyone remember "Picture Pages" with Bill Cosby?

I used to love that show - and I totally wanted a squiggly bee pen.  And a Jello Pudding Pop.

Oh, who am I kidding?  I STILL want those.

Alright, I don't have it in me to do a serious mind-bending post today.

Instead I'm going to show you some pictures of some things.  It's like "Show N' Tell" from Kindergarten only without the nap time afterwards.

Here is a picture that I took on my last run.  It was during lunch and was right before The Deficit made it known that it doesn't not like me running.

I work in a pretty urban part of town - and my route is full of semi-truck exhaust fumes and hookers for the first and last mile...but there is one path that is off a main street - and that's where I run for the middle part of my run.  Pretty, no?

Since my office is moving on the 29th of this month, and I'm going in for surgery on the 28th (and I can't run between now and then) it's a little weird to think I won't see it again while running.  I'll take a trip down to walk that route (even if only for a little bit of it) during my lunch next week...just to say goodbye.  I changed my life on that path, it seems wrong somehow to not thank it.

The next picture is of something that I'm really starting to love...veggie sandwiches.  Specifically, veggie sandwiches on a toasted bagel.
This little puppy is from Einstein Brothers Bagels - and it's SO good.

I always thought that stuff loaded with veggies seemed so...diet-y.  So tasteless and unsatisfying.  One bite of this sandwich, and I realized the err in my ways. 

And lastly, Joe and I a few months back.

No, he's not giving me a wet willy (although that's totally what it looks like!), but we were snuggling at a music festival that came into town.  I caught him mid-kiss.

It's totally sappy, I know.  But in the last week or two when I've been worried about the surgery and it's possible ramifications, he's been a rock.  I love this man. 

As if there was any doubt...

12 Comments:

Jams said...

I love that pic of you two! And the trail is nice! I wish I had a trail like that near work.

Oh - and just because I always forget to tell you, I love your red hair!!!

Debbie said...

Great pictures all the way around. I love the picture of the trail and you two make a cute couple. I also like your red hair..

Polar's Mom said...

Too cute, in spite of the wet willy. ;-)

Thanks for posting your kind words on my site-of course reading your comments I started crying, too.

I miss my big baby.

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Lanie said...

You two are absolutely adorable!

Karen said...

I so love that picture of the two of you:) And bagels... hmmm... crack to me. Someday maybe again. Sigh.

Levi said...

I want a bite of that sandwich and I want a bite of Joe.

South Beach Steve said...

I remember Picture Pages! :-)

Great pic!

Life as a Caterpillar said...

What a lovely post! Great photos
x

Lesley

Lesia said...

You are both very adorable.Smile.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I don't remember Picture Pages. At all. Like, not even a little bit. Which is weird.

Also, ok, love the picture, love Joe, love you, so do NOT love that you are worried about the surgery...

I totally understand about saying goodbye to the trail. I have said goodbye to maybe homes and towns and usually have to go physically sit somewhere and have my own little brand of closure. I totally get it.

Sarah@LowStressWeightLoss said...

that's a great pic of you & your sweetie - I'm jealous, I never get good couple pictures, my husband HATES cameras...

TinaM said...

Great pictures :) Thank you so much for sharing! I hope you find a trail nice as that at the next location!