Thursday, October 21, 2010

How to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks...

Tuesday when I went to go see my doctor, I had a myriad of questions to ask him.

One of which was, "Just how much does my uterine fibroid weigh?"

He laughed and then said that it would only weigh about a pound max. 

I was disappointed and asked if he could maybe re-look at it...perhaps it was actually 50 pounds?  Turns out, not so much.

Well, I was lucky enough to have my friend Missy try to send me a link a few weeks ago from The Inquisitive Geek With Fibroid Tumors blog where I could actually figure out the exact weight using math and stuff.  I'm lazy, so I never did it.  What?  At least I'm honest. 

Anyway, although the fibroid will only weigh 1 pound, he said that I could expect to lose 5-10 pounds just due to all of the fluid and blood flow that is currently going to the fibroid.  Of course, I'll also lose some inches (when it's all said and done) because the thing is almost 5 inches in diameter.  Apparently even though the fibroid is big, it isn't very dense.

Also, since I'm going under the knife a week from today (and will be high on meds), I've had some people approach me about guest posting.  And I've contacted a few others about blogging for a few days.  One of the people backed out, so if you'd like to guest post, let me know.


Note: despite what it seems like the last few posts, I will not turn into a fibroid blogger - I just figured you all might be curious.  I'll return to regularly scheduled non-fibroid blogging soon.

11 Comments:

Allan said...

Oh man,,,what an opportunity...if I only I could get into your pants for a day....and blog of course...

Gina said...

I'm sure everyone else is concerned like me, so the updates are helpful. You're in so many prayers. Can't wait for you to be done with the surgery and able to get back to the rest of your life.

Lyn said...

I will keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery!

Levi said...

I'm glad I didn't become intimate with and name my tumor.

Sometimes with surgery, a person gains weight from all the fluids used and the tools the doctors leave inside you.

Though your friend/commenter Gina seems very kind.

Cassia said...

I'm loving the blog! Anxious for your quick recovery from all of this! I'd love to be a guest blogger--if you like my style--it's a bit snarky at times, but go to my blog and you'll see what I mean.

www.TheIncredibleShrinkingWoman.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

I am glad you are posting up dates so we can see how you are doing.

Lesia said...

I am with Debbie I too am glad you are blogging to keep me updated on how you are doing. Good luck. smile.

Lanie said...

Thanks for the continued update on "Big D". Email me if you need anything . . .

Unknown said...

I think that we all are greatful you are keeping us up to date we tend to care about you after reading you each day ;) Good luck can't wait for you too feel better, when I got my tubes tied after my last baby I begged my doc to take out any extras that might be causing my weight problem hahaha. didn't work!

TinaM said...

I'm with everyone else. I'm glad you're keeping us updated, it's what's going on in your life right now, and we want to hear about it :)
Besides it might help with some of the stress, to let a little out on here.

kristi said...

Will the Fibroid get to do a guest post? Seems only fair.